Job openings for 2018:
*Application Deadline Extended*
Administrative/Fund Development Assistant
Reports to: Curator/Administrator
The Administrative/Fund Development Assistant is responsible for the day to day office administration activities of Colchester Historical Society. These activities include completing weekly deposits and cheque requisitions, ensuring that admission fees, donations, sales, publications and attendance records are collected, recorded and maintained as required. The Assistant will work with the Administrator and Fundraising/Major Gifts Committee to implement CHS’ five-year Fund Development Strategy and ensure critical path milestones are met. The Assistant is responsible for implementing CHS’ major fundraising event as well as other donor events and receptions. The Assistant will maintain membership and donor records and plan strategic communications with donors. The Assistant will research potential gift prospects, funders, and sponsors and write proposals. The Assistant will participate in the planning of annual and longer-term fund development strategies. The Assistant will perform other duties as determined by the Administrator.
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in communications, marketing, office administration or relevant field
- Strong skill level with Microsoft Office and Word Press
- Experience working with volunteers and in a team environment
- Experience coordinating projects and events
- Grant seeking including research, proposal writing and reporting requirements an asset
- Hands-on practical experience in fundraising an asset
- Data entry experience an asset
- Editing skills an asset
- Fast learner who is eager to expand skill set and experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete projects independently
- Strong interpersonal skills with high levels of emotional intelligence and empathy
All applicants must:
- be a recent graduate who successfully completed a post-secondary program since August 2017.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer or will result in termination of your employment. Checks may include one or all of the following: Reference Checks, Criminal Background checks, Child Abuse Registry and education.
Remuneration: $1153.84 bi-weekly
Start Date: November 19, 2018
Term: This is a 2-year contract position with a 6-month probationary period.
Deadline for Application: October 19, 2018
Resumes, Cover Letters, One-Page Writing Sample and References can be sent to:
Margaret Mulrooney, Curator/Administrator