Colchester: Life in the Heart of Nova Scotia
The new state-of-the-art core exhibit, Colchester: Life in the Heart of Nova Scotia, is located in our first floor main exhibit gallery and features:
- Floor-to-ceiling retractable banners that carry the main narrative and present iconic images
- Pictorial photo screen windows visible inside and out (night or day)
- A large satellite floor-mounted image of Colchester County
- Striking historical photo murals
- Integrated artifact display cases
- An intriguing and beguiling audio soundscape
- A mini-multimedia theatre with visitor-selected content
- Integrated bilingual interpretation
A Taste of Science – February 12-April 19, 2019
Have you ever wondered why food spoils?
A Taste of Science highlights the role science plays in delaying food decay and keeping food nutritious and safe for us to eat. In this engaging experience, immerse yourself in an oversized “pantry” and discover what makes food spoil, and different food preservation techniques. Visitors will find lots to feed their mind and imagination on the menu!
This scientific display will be complemented by photographs and artifacts from the Historeum’s collection demonstrating historic methods of food preservation that were used in Colchester County.