The Colchester Historical Society continues to preserve and present Colchester County’s past by striving to offer an authentic and inclusive perspective of local history and culture through community and visitor engagement in its operation of the Colchester Historeum, a museum
and archives located in Truro, Nova Scotia. Using contemporary methods of interpretation, collections management, and education, we encourage conversation, understanding, and meaningful connections between all individuals.
The Society at a glance:
- The Museum collects, preserves and exhibits artifacts and stories related to Colchester heritage. The Historeum Shop offers you an opportunity for take-home treasures.
- The Archives preserves thousands of records, documents, publications and photos to help with historical and genealogical research.
- Throughout the year, a series of public programs with informative speakers enliven our understanding of Colchester’s history.
- Heritage Awards are presented annually to individuals and groups in recognition of their contributions to preserving county heritage.
- An e-newsletter keeps our members up to date with news and feature stories about local history and our programs.
- We promote the marking of historic sites within the county and cooperate with civic officials for celebrations of a historical nature.
Annual Report 2020-2021 (pdf)
Annual Report 2019-2020 (pdf)
Annual Report 2018-2019 (pdf)