Colchester: Life in the Heart of Nova Scotia
The new state-of-the-art core exhibit, Colchester: Life in the Heart of Nova Scotia, is located in our first floor main exhibit gallery and features:
- Floor-to-ceiling retractable banners that carry the main narrative and present iconic images
- Pictorial photo screen windows visible inside and out (night or day)
- A large satellite floor-mounted image of Colchester County
- Striking historical photo murals
- Integrated artifact display cases
- An intriguing and beguiling audio soundscape
- A mini-multimedia theatre with visitor-selected content
- Integrated bilingual interpretation
HMCS Truro & her local Connections
This display explores the local connections of the HMCS Truro. In particular, the staff and students of the Junior High School’s support of the ship will be examined. The display is dedicated to the memory of the officers and men of the HMCS Truro and to Jack Sterling.
Colchester to the Rescue
Opening Saturday, October 21 at 2:00pm. This exhibit will reveal how the residents of Colchester County stepped forward to help after the explosion in Halifax Harbour, on December 6, 1917. It will feature stories from many communities throughout the County.