Colchester: Life in the Heart of Nova Scotia
The new state-of-the-art core exhibit, Colchester: Life in the Heart of Nova Scotia, is located in our first floor main exhibit gallery and features:
- Floor-to-ceiling retractable banners that carry the main narrative and present iconic images
- Pictorial photo screen windows visible inside and out (night or day)
- A large satellite floor-mounted image of Colchester County
- Striking historical photo murals
- Integrated artifact display cases
- An intriguing and beguiling audio soundscape
- A mini-multimedia theatre with visitor-selected content
- Integrated bilingual interpretation
Colchester at Confederation: Sir Adams G. Archibald and His World
Visit our exhibit celebrating Truro and Colchester County in 1867 – learn about the legacy of Adams Archibald, our Father of Confederation.
Truro: Then & Now
A photograph exhibit of Truro curated by six Cobequid Educational Centre students.
On the Trails in Colchester County
Our new exhibit at the Colchester Historeum called “On the Trails in Colchester County,” introduces you to more than forty trails of natural heritage. The exhibits includes animal and bird mounts, as well as materials about the insect and plant life you may encounter on the trails. See the several maps and photos.
Here in Colchester you can walk to your heart’s content beside seacoasts and salt marshes. Hike through gorges to waterfalls in the hills. Run like the wind through hemlocks. Bike on historic railways where train whistles used to blow. Stroll beside wonderful wetlands. Relax by a shaded brook or a tidal bay.
As Canada celebrates 150 years since Confederation, discover more than 150 km of walking, hiking and cycling trails throughout Colchester: our local, diverse and beautiful part of Canada.