Since 1976, the Colchester Historical Society’s mission has been to collect, preserve, and exhibit, for the education and enjoyment of present and future generations, artifacts and documents relating to the social, cultural, and natural history of Colchester County, Nova Scotia.
The Society at a glance:
- The Museum collects, preserves and exhibits artifacts and stories related to Colchester heritage. A Museum Shop offers you an opportunity for take-home treasures.
- The Archives preserves thousands of records, documents, publications and photos to help with historical and genealogical research. A Book Nook offers local publications for purchase.
- Throughout the year, a series of public programs with informative speakers enliven our understanding of Colchester’s history.
- Heritage Awards are presented annually to individuals and groups in recognition of their contributions to preserving county heritage.
- A quarterly newsletter keeps our members up to date with news and feature stories about local history and our programs.
- We promote the marking of historic sites within the county and cooperate with civic officials for celebrations of a historical nature.